- FSPA training centre Quality Assurance Manual
- HACCP Management Mapped to FSAI Level 3
- Food Safety and HACCP Hygiene training MAPPED to FSAI Levels 1 & 2
- Food Allergy Awareness Training
- Conducting Food Standards Audits QQI - Award Level 6 6N2161
- QQI Level 5 Implementing Food Safety Management Systems 5N20008
- QQI Level 6 Designing Food Safety Management Systems 6N20006
- Learner Information
- FSPA LEARNER CHARTER
- Guidance to learners wishing to participate in FSPA courses leading to QQI awards
- Food Hygiene Incorporating HACCP leading to a QQI award at Level 4 on the NFQ
Access transfer and progression for QQI Programmes...
QQI Level 5 Implementing Food Safety Management Systems 5N20008
QQI Code 5N20008 Food Safety Management System Implementation leading to 5S20009 Implementing Food Safety Management Systems
- QQI Level 5
- Credit level5
is that learners will have the knowledge, skills necessary to understand, implement and review their own food safety management system, based on the HACCP principles and in accordance with current legislation and industry standards. They will be able to develop supporting documentation to verify and validate the operational processes and practices in a work environment
50 hours duration: 20 hours by tutor, 10 hours assigned to project with
remainder 20 hours for learner based research.
3 days in total. 2 days of learning with day 3 given to revision in the
morning and exam in the afternoon.
Exam & Project
Written exam which lasts 2 hours + project which is to be returned to the tutor within 4 weeks of the last day of the programme. Written exam is worth
Preferred entry level:
Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications and or relevant life and work experiences.
A working knowledge of written and spoken English is required to undertake this programme.
Learners should have preceding level on NFQ or minimum equivalent of FSAI Level 2 in food safety
3 days with a project to be completed within 1 month of the final day of tuition.
Areas covered in the course:
- Regulatory Inspections & FSAI structure & governance
- Legislation and legal responsibilities of food business operators, management and staff
- Terms & definitions
- Introduction to microbiology & food poisoning
- The four food hazards (microbial, chemical, physical & allergens)
- Pre-requisite programme
- Training plan development and relevant staff training
- Supplier control and monitoring
- HACCP principles including understanding and operation of HACCP plan
- Exam techniques
- Project discussion & follow up administration
All achieved through a very interactive, practical approach to learning.
Objectives of the programme
At the end of the programme the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the legal requirements and relevant standards applicable to the food business
- Understand the concept of the HACCP principles, hazard analysis and control measures as required by Codex Alimentarius
- Recognise and understand the importance of the pre-requisite programme in underpinning the food safety management system
- Be competent in implementing and reviewing food safety management systems
For this programme there are two methods of assessment.
A written theory based examination accounting for a maximum of 40 % of available marks (2 hours) comprising of Ten (10) Short answer questions worth a possible
10 marks per question and 3 long answer questions worth a total of 100 marks per question Paper total marks possible 400. This is a closed book examination.
An individual project accounting for a maximum of60 % of available marks will have to be completed, the title and scope of the project to be determined by the FSPA. Learners would be expected to spend approximately 15 hours preparing their project.
Both parts of the assessment must be attempted and submitted for grading. Marks are also allocated for referencing and project presentation
N.B Learners must pass both elements of the assessment to get an overall grade
- Pass: 50 - 64%
- Merit: 65 - 79%
- Distinction: 80 - 100%
Find a Trainer
Click on the button below to see what trainers are available in your area.
Make an Enquiry
Contact us with any questions you may have...
Is this course for me?
Keep informed of upcoming courses and events...